Westoff Services has certified Home Energy Raters who can perform HERS testing on your project.
HERS: The Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Index is the industry standard by which a home’s energy efficiency is measured. It’s also the nationally recognized system for inspecting, testing and calculating a home’s energy performance.
Westoff Services has certified Raters who are qualified to perform HERS ratings for your projects. We would prefer to work with your project from the drawing board to completion, however we can provide you with testing and inspections at any point of construction.
We can perform all of the plan reviews, insulation inspection, duct leakage testing and blower door testings prior to the structure being buried by drywall or fixtures if we are involved at the project kick-off.
Note: To avoid conflicts with cleaning crews, painting crews, and final punch-out activities, we can perform the testing during non-business hours.
HERS / Westoff Requirements:
- 5 business days of prior notification to the on-site testing needing to be performed.
- The house needs to be ready for a Certificate of Occupancy inspection.
- All mechanicals have to be completed.
- All drain traps must be filled with water.
- All door and window seals must be installed.
- A filled out Energy Rating Spec Sheet (that will be directly sent to us) to the best of your ability. If you don’t know the efficiency levels of the products you are using, then please provide the make and model of the product.
- Either an emailed set of the prints of the project, or please have a copy of the construction prints on site for our use.
- Unhindered Access to the project for a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours.
What You Will Receive:
The following will be left on-site for your CO inspection:
- The code required IECC sticker will be placed on the face of the electrical panel
- Air Leakage report: quantifies the amount of infiltration into the home, and duct leakage
- IECC Annual Cost Compliance report
- IECC Home Certification report
You Will Be Emailed:
- Home Energy Rating Certificate: this is the actual HERS Score
Immediate Areas of Coverage:
Franklin, Delaware, Union, Madison, Lucas, Ottawa, Wood, Sandusky counties of Ohio. Coverage outside of these counties incurs a mileage charge.